Popular Online Roulette Betting Options Explained
With its roots going back to France, roulette is one of the oldest casino games that many gamblers still enjoy. The heart of the game is a wheel divided into 37 sectors (38 in the American-style version). The main objective of the roulette is simply to guess which sector the ball lands in when the wheel stops. Although roulette is a relatively simple game, many new players are confused by the complex layout of the roulette table for betting. Essentially, all you need is to learn the basic roulette betting options in order to start playing. Furthermore, live roulette is a pure game of luck, so there is no strategy to guarantee 100% success. However, there are several betting systems such as Martingale or Paroli, with which you will increase your chances of winning big. But before you switch to a more advanced level of gambling, learning the basic betting options is a must.
Mohammad won $ 400.00
Mohammed won $ 366.00
Ahmed won $ 718.00
on Sun of Egypt
Saoud won $ 384.00
Manea won $ 385.80
on Reactoonz 2
Mohammad won $ 393.12
Ahmad won $ 424.58
Yazed won $ 750.00
Ammar won $ 3.00
Ahmad won $ 2.00
Nasser won $ 8.00
on VIP Roulette
Dave King won $ 333.00
Dave King won $ 157.00
Andrew Burrich won $ 374.00
Dave King won $ 277.00
Rebekka won $ 244.00
on Diamond Cats
Martin Smith won $ 224.00
Louis Budro won $ 974.00
Mark King won $ 344.00
Megan won $ 437.00
on Banana Bar
Online Roulette Essentials
So, if you haven't seen a roulette table before, you'll probably think it's too cluttered with different sectors and inscriptions. But in fact, roulette is a game comparable in simplicity to the online slots available in the virtual lobby of an Arabic online casino. First, you have to decide how much you're willing to risk (depending on your risk tolerance), then place one or more bets. From single numbers to groups of numbers and colors, you have plenty of betting options to choose from. Then, a real (or computerized) dealer will start spinning the wheel. Eventually, it will stop, and the ball will point to some number that will be declared the winning one. Once that number is included in your bet, you have won.
How to Bet in Roulette
So, while roulette offers a wide range of betting options, all bets can be divided into 3 categories: Inside, Outside and Racetrack. And we'll explain more about each category of betting below.
Referring to the inner part of the table, Inside Bets includes several types of bets listed below:
- Straight up. This is the riskiest bet, as you only have to pick one number. If your Straight up bet plays, you will get a payout of 35 to 1.
- Split. This bet involves two adjacent numbers. You simply move a virtual chip on the line between two adjacent number boxes to make this bet. For example, you can bet on numbers 16 and 17. A hit on either number included in the split bet would result in a payout of 17 to 1.
- Street. Use this bet to pick three numbers at once, one of which can turn out to be a winning number. If this bet plays, you will get a payout of 11 to 1.
- Square. Using this betting option, you can bet on 4 numbers, which form a square on the betting table. Since your stake includes 4 numbers, the payout ratio is lower, 8 to 1.
- Line. Also known as Double Street, this bet involves 6 numbers on the betting table. Among the listed Inside betting options, Line bet pays out at the lowest odds, 5 to 1.
Keep in mind that payout odds can vary slightly depending on the roulette version.
As the name suggests, this is a group of bets that refers to the outer side of the online roulette table. And this is the place to start for the beginner, as Outside Bets are less risky. On the other hand, they are paid at much lower odds. So, here are a few of the betting options in the Outside Bets group:
- Column. There are three vertical rows of numbers on the table: left, middle and right. The Column is a bet on any one of these vertical rows, so it includes 12 numbers. If a number in that group of numbers wins, you get a payout of 2 to 1.
- Dozens. This is another bet which covers 12 numbers, but on a different basis: you can bet on a sequence of numbers from 1 to 12, 13 to 24 or 25 to 36. Like Column, this bet pays 2 to 1.
- High/Low. All numbers on the roulette wheel can be divided into two groups: high (19-36) and low (1-18). This is one of the easiest bets with which you can double your stake in case of winning (pays 1 to 1).
- Red/Black. On the roulette wheel, one-half of the sectors is coloured red while the other half is black, and this provides another betting option (color betting). If you guess the color of the sector the ball will end up in, you will get a 1-to-1 payout.
- Odd/Even. With this betting option, you are essentially trying to guess whether the winning number will be an even or odd number. Similar to Red/Black, this bet pays out 1 to 1.
So, the more numbers a bet covers, the lower the payout ratio. On the other hand, such bets offer much higher winning odds. Finally, there is another category of roulette betting that we will discuss below.
In demand among the more advanced roulette players, Racetrack includes sectors of numbers arranged in the same way as on the roulette wheel, making it easier to group the numbers. This betting category includes the following options:
- Tiers du cylindre. By selecting this option, you actually make 6 fractional bets covering the following groups of numbers: 5-8, 10-11, 13-16, 23-24, 27-30 and 33-36.
- Voisins du Zéro. This is the biggest section with 17 numbers on the roulette wheel.
- Zero Spiel. This bet includes all numbers surrounding the zero pocket on the wheel (0-3, 12-15, 28 and 32-35).
- Orphelin. This bet includes 8 numbers, viz: 3, 6-9, 14-17, 17-20 и 31-34.
While these betting options may seem a little complicated, they're actually just additional options for grouping numbers in bets to increase winning odds.
Differences between American and European Roulette
Before playing online roulette at the Arab casino, you need to choose which version you want to try your hand at. There are three main versions of the game: French, American and European. The latter two will often be the most popular ones. The most distinctive feature of the American version is the additional Double Zero sector. Having an extra sector results in a higher house advantage. So, this figure is 5.26% for American Roulette, compared to just 2.7% for European Roulette. On the other hand, most bets in American Roulette are paid out at higher odds. As far as the French Roulette is concerned, it introduces extra rules (La Partage and En Prison) that allow players to get their bets back if the ball hits the zero zone.
To begin with, we recommend avoiding those who offer you always-win strategies and unrealistic guarantees, because roulette is a game of chance. Also, the house always has some edge, even if you play the very rare French roulette game offering you some sort of insurance for your bet. This means that you will lose some of your money in the long run. However, you may find yourself in the black if you know when to quit. So, we're here to give you some tips so you can minimize your losses and even win more:
- Start with 'Play For Free' RNG-based roulette to familiarize yourself with the basic features and betting options right out of the box. We've already explained the betting options available above, but better to try it once than hear it a hundred times. So, when you pick a suitable roulette option from the VipArabClub virtual lobby and click 'Play For Free', you can play an almost unlimited number of rounds without any risk.
- Start small and favor Outside Bets, as they offer higher winning odds. Moreover, for risky strategies such as Martingale, the Outside Bets option is just what you need.
- Every now and then you have to use the Inside Bets option to win more. No one knows where the ball will end up with every spin of the wheel, so don't be afraid to chase your luck from time to time.
- Try playing Live Dealer Roulette if you are skeptical about the computerized version. At VipArabClub, we have some thrilling live roulette variations, so you are assured of a realistic gambling experience.
Last but not least, always stick to sensible bankroll management. Set bankroll and playtime limits and never go over them. Also, approach the game with a cool mind to avoid making emotional decisions which usually result in even bigger losses.
Discover the best online casino promotions we’ve prepared for you. At VipArabClub you can play for real money by using our Welcome Bonus. Are you feeling lucky? Then try our Online Roulette or the best online slots machines.
REFER YOUR FRIEND
Refer your friend and get 100% bonus on the 1st and 2nd deposits he makes !READ MORE
REFER YOUR FRIEND!
Refer your friend and get 100% bonus on the 1st and 2nd deposits he makes !READ MORE