Should You Play Video Blackjack or Live Dealer Blackjack?Casino
The history of the online gambling industry dates back to 1994 when Microgaming introduced its first iGaming project. With static page content and a downloadable casino platform, the first gambling website was very different from today's feature-packed platforms like VipArabClub. While it might seem that slots were the first games adapted to the online environment, it was actually blackjack. This thrilling card game of luck and strategy was already enjoying enormous popularity at the time, so it seemed an obvious choice.
Curiously, though online slots dominate today, blackjack is still a much sought-after casino game among Arab gamblers. From 1994 until 2006, players could only play video blackjack, an RNG-based game where every new card was determined by a computer algorithm. However, with the introduction of Evolution Gaming, the company that revolutionized the iGaming industry with its live dealer games, live blackjack casinos have been made available to gaming enthusiasts. After all these years, the debate over whether to play video blackjack or its live dealer version is still lingering. And we're here to compare both versions so you decide which is the right one for you.
How Video Blackjack Works
If you're new to this popular card game, then to understand how video blackjack works, let's go over the basics of the game. Before the game starts, you have to bet within a specific betting range. Then, the dealer deals two face-down cards to you and 2 cards to himself, with one of them being dealt face-up. Each card has its own value: 2 to 10 is worth a face value, J to K is worth 10 and A can take both 1 and 11. When playing both offline and online blackjack, you'll need to score more points than the dealer (without going over 21) to get your payout. What makes video blackjack different from its offline counterpart is that you're playing against a computer program instead of a real dealer. Also, instead of physical packs of cards, it uses a Random Number Generator (RNG) to randomly choose cards. In other words, video blackjack works on the same principle as online slots. In fact, by opting for video blackjack, you'll be playing a game with an infinite number of card decks, which adds an element of uncertainty to the gaming process. Nonetheless, video blackjack does have some very definite advantages, and we'll review them below.
Features and Advantages of Video Blackjack
If you avoid video blackjack for any reason, such as because it's based on RNG algorithms, there are at least three reasons why you should still try your hand at a computerized version of the popular card game:
- RNG ensures the fairness of the gameplay. While the quality of shuffling depends on the dealer's skills, RNG ensures that every new card drawn from the virtual deck is at least as random as possible. However, some rogue websites are still manipulating RNG to twist the advantage in their favour. To get rid of worrying about getting cheated, start by choosing a reliable iGaming platform. So, the Curacao-licensed iGaming platform VipArabClub is a totally legitimate and trustworthy online casino you can trust with your deposit. VipArabClub's gaming collection features an array of video blackjack variations from some of the industry's leading providers. Moreover, the RNG used by VipArabClub is regularly tested by independent auditors. This means that you can trust the gaming results generated by the video blackjack games of this online casino.
- Video blackjack has a lower house advantage than its live dealer counterpart. Although the house edge is determined by the rules of a particular version of blackjack, as well as by how well the player has mastered the basic strategy, computerized blackjack generally has a lower house edge, and this is good news. In addition, there are a huge number of different versions of video blackjack, incomparably more than the live dealer versions.
- More privacy. Although live dealer blackjack provides a social element, if you want some privacy, then video blackjack is just what you need. Also, video blackjack allows you to play at your own pace. When playing live casino games, you're likely to feel some pressure from those waiting for the tables to clear. As for video blackjack, it is available at any time of the day and is capable of catering to an almost unlimited number of online casino visitors.
Finally, just like online slots, video blackjack can be available in a free demo version. This means you can try out some online blackjack games without risking your hard-earned money. So, simply head over to the VipArabClub website, choose the card games section, hover your mouse over the version of the game you like and click the 'Play for Fun' button. Free-to-play is a real boon for new players who get a chance to learn the basic game rules and strategy right on the spot.
How Live Dealer Blackjack Works
Live dealer blackjack was created to bring a real-life element to the gaming experience. Thanks to the increased speed of internet data transmission and the enhanced performance of desktop and mobile devices, the concept of remote betting on casino card games in real time has become a viable option. Think of a live blackjack casino as a real game played in a specially equipped room with physical cards, a betting table, chips and a human croupier. Furthermore, this room is equipped with high-resolution cameras that broadcast everything that happens on the screen of your laptop or mobile device. Finally, there is a software platform that digitizes the physical aspects of the game. All these features combine to allow players to enjoy a popular card game from the comfort of their own homes while getting all the benefits of offline blackjack.
Advantages of Live Dealer Blackjack
So, when you play live blackjack, you will see real cards dealt by a specially trained human being. In addition, you'll be able to communicate with the dealer and other players via live chat. So, here are a few compelling advantages that keep those who've tried blackjack live at least once coming back for more:
- Forget about rigged video blackjack. Choosing a reliable online casino like VipArabClub means you'll never have to deal with tampered RNG-based blackjack. However, if you're still skeptical about the computerized version, an online blackjack casino, with its highly transparent operation, should dispel any doubts you might have. The problem is that many Arabic players prefer to see the dealer and interact with him. And if you're one of them, then live blackjack at VipArabClub lets you turn your living room into a real gambling establishment.
- Convenience of play. Providing an authentic gambling experience, live blackjack does not require you to plan a trip to the nearest land-based casino. Just as you are used to getting in touch with friends and acquaintances across town via Skype or Zoom, you can visit a land-based gambling venue through live casino software. So, land-based casinos have long ceased to be the only place where you can interact with professional croupiers and players, as thanks to high-quality live streaming and live chat, you can get it all right in your own bedroom.
- Wider betting limits. This can be an advantage, especially if you are an experienced blackjack player with an excellent understanding of basic strategy. The bigger the bet you place, the higher your potential prize can be. However, if you're new to blackjack, you're better off starting with below-average bets and being able to play at your own pace, and therefore video blackjack would be a better choice for you.
Finally, if you have mastered the card-counting technique, then live blackjack is the option for you. The thing is, using the card-counting technique makes sense when you're playing blackjack with one or just a few packs of cards. As for video blackjack, it's essentially a game with an infinite number of card decks. When playing video blackjack, you won't be able to benefit from using card-counting techniques. On the other hand, the basic strategy still works in video blackjack, so learn it to achieve more meaningful results with the classic card game.
Video Blackjack vs Live Blackjack – Final Verdict
As you can see, live dealer blackjack offers plenty of possibilities, especially for those who can't make up their mind. Firstly, live dealer blackjack is the only option for online casino players wishing to use the card-counting technique. Secondly, live dealer blackjack enables you to interact with the dealer and other casino players, thus providing a social element. Finally, it is a great option for those who are skeptical of RNG-based games. Video blackjack, on the other hand, allows you to play for free and at your own pace. Plus, it has a lower house advantage. With all these advantages of each version in mind, you can finally make the right choice.