New to Online Gambling? Reasons Why You Shouldn't Be Afraid of GamblingCasino
No one can argue with the fact that many people are passionate about gambling. Some evidence supports the fact that gambling - in one form or another - was around several millennia ago. However, in the last few decades, the gambling industry has grown considerably with many land-based and online casinos available in different parts of the world. As for online gambling, millions of players worldwide enjoy online slots, live card and table games at online casinos right from the comfort of their homes.
What's more, thanks to improvements in mobile technology, online roulette or live blackjack is now accessible like never before. The ability to take your favorite gambling games with you wherever you go is something that many people enjoy. However, there are also those who are skeptical about the new concept. Moreover, some newcomers hesitate to sign up for an online casino as they consider gambling to be dangerous. Looking ahead, the number of people suffering from gambling addiction has decreased thanks to the development of the online gambling industry. Also, responsible gambling tools have become even more convenient and accessible so that you can easily walk away if you feel uncomfortable with gambling. We're here to debunk some of the myths about online gambling that make newcomers stay away from iGaming platforms. In addition, we'll provide some useful tips to help make your gambling experience safe and rewarding - sit back and keep reading.
Popular Myths about Online Casinos Debunked
The industry, which started in the mid-1990s, is already a world of myths and superstitions. The problem is that most of these myths have nothing to do with reality. However, many newcomers to gambling - having read the myths and superstitions - feel apprehensive about online casinos. We've debunked a few popular myths to make you feel confident about iGaming platforms.
Myth #1: Online Casinos Cheat Players to Take Their Money
Unfortunately, many people tend to think that iGaming platforms are fraudulent. That's true in part, but only if you choose an unlicensed online casino with a website design that looks like it's from the 2000s. By picking the right online casino, you can be sure that your personal details and your deposit are safe for the following reasons:
- The regulator that issued the license sets high requirements on the gaming platform that it must comply with. Any licensed iGaming platform provides a fair and transparent gaming experience.
- By offering slots, roulette and baccarat, an online casino receives guaranteed profits due to the house advantage inherent in each game. For this reason, there is no point in stealing your money.
- Any reliable online casino tends to increase its brand awareness through positive player reviews, not through negative ones.
Finally, an extensive bonus scheme can serve as an indirect sign of the platform's reliability, as bonuses are the only legitimate incentive for attracting new users and increasing the house's profits accordingly.
Myth #2: iGaming Platforms Work Illegally
This is another myth, which is partly true, as online gambling is not legal in all countries. However, nowadays we can see many governments taking the path of legalizing the online gambling business, as they see it as a good source of revenue for the state treasury. Before you play online slots or roulette, be aware of your local laws and the tax they can levy on casino winnings.
Myth #3: You Will Bankrupt Online Casinos Using the Blackjack Card Counting Technique
You have probably heard about the MIT team headed by a professor. This famous story even served as the idea for the script of a movie released relatively recently. The truth is that after the card-counting technique scandal, land-based casinos took measures to avoid similar incidents in the future. As for online casinos, the use of online blackjack card-counting techniques has become virtually impossible to implement for two reasons. Firstly, when playing RNG-based blackjack, you won't be able to count cards as each new one is determined at random. Secondly, live casino blackjack uses 7 packs of cards shuffled after the dealer cuts the deck.
Myth #4: There are 'Hot' Online Slots That Pay More Frequently
In addition to displaying the total RTP, some online casinos also display the Payout Ratio for the last 24 hours. By looking at this indicator, you can find out how much of the total betting money the slot has returned in the last 24 hours. Some players believe that slots with a Payout Ratio higher than 100% are the so-called 'hot' machines, which are poised to pay out big prizes. The truth is, any slot is a game based on the Random Number Generator. This means that any game result is completely random. Ultimately, by recording the Payout Ratio of a particular slot over the course of a month, the arithmetic average of that series of numbers would roughly equal the RTP stated by the manufacturer.
Myth #5: You Will Become Addicted to Gambling
People who believe in this myth argue their point of view that online casinos make gambling much more accessible than it is in land-based venues. However, statistics show that gambling addiction occurs much less frequently among online casino players, and there are several reasons for this. Firstly, people take online games for real money less seriously than those available in land-based gambling houses. Secondly, governments in many countries are taking certain measures to protect players from possible gambling addiction. Thirdly, reliable online casinos such as VipArabClub offer responsible gaming tools. With these tools, you can limit access to certain sections and online casino games as well as exclude yourself completely if you feel addicted. Thus, online casinos with their innovative technology have made gambling safer.
Helpful Tips for People New to Online Casinos
Before you start spinning the reels of online slots or placing virtual chips on an online poker table, you need to understand is online gambling exactly right for you. Many people still see gambling as a waste of money and time. The truth is that there are people who like online gambling and those who don't. First and foremost, gambling has a recreational purpose. As long as any bet - whether you lose or win - brings you pleasure, you should not worry. However, if you are registering at an online casino solely to make money, you should stop and think twice. With that in mind, we've put together a short list of online casino tips for newcomers that you should follow so you don't end up ruining your gambling experience:
- Take your choice of iGaming platform as responsibly as possible. To avoid Myth #1 being true for you, opt for a licensed online casino backed by a reputable operator. For instance, you could try VipArabClub, a popular iGaming platform owned and operated by a company with years of experience in the gambling market. Also, browse through the gaming collection to find out if there are any games you like on offer. In addition, make sure that the online casino of your choice uses certified gaming content developed by well-known gaming studios. Finally, check the payment methods available and make sure you can withdraw your winnings quickly.
- Use bonuses carefully. Although casino bonuses can be a great boost to your bankroll, almost all of them come with wagering requirements. Importantly, you will not be able to withdraw your winnings until you meet the wagering requirements in full. We recommend you to use no deposit bonuses. Although they come with extremely high wagering requirements, you do not risk anything by using them. Also, it makes sense to use deposit bonuses with low wagering requirements, such as those offered by VipArabClub casino.
- Play games with rules you understand completely. You may find the life that poker sharks lead attractive, with flashy cars, expensive penthouses and many other luxuries. However, every famous poker player has invested a lot of time in learning the rules of poker and creating their own strategy. Spending 5 minutes reading the rules of Texas Hold'em won't make you an outstanding poker player. However, there are games with much simpler rules, like online slots and live roulette. Finally, understanding what happens on the screen of your device will have a positive effect on your bankroll.
- Try out the free versions of the casino titles before you switch to the real game. The VipArabClub website offers plenty of games available in 'For Fun' gaming mode where you can play a few rounds without having to risk any of your hard-earned cash. Playing in the free game mode will give you a good idea of how the game works right from the start. Please note, however, that any winnings you get in 'For Fun' mode are not available for withdrawal.
Finally, although online casinos allow you to play from the comfort of your home, try to eliminate distractions lest you make a mistake that will cost most of your gambling budget.