Why you should play in online casinosCasino
We talk a lot about which online casinos to play at – but the real question is, why should you play at online casinos at all? Well, we can give you plenty of reasons:
- Convenience: You can enjoy the full casino experience (and arguably more) without ever leaving the house
- Progressive jackpots: There are huge network prizes to be won at online casinos, and some of these have even made the Guinness Book of World Records. One win that comes to mind is the £13.2 million jackpot on Mega Moolah, which Jonathan Haywood from Cheshire scored in October 2015
- Promotions: If you’re subscribed to emails from your online casino, they’ll send you regular offers and promotions to play with for the chance to win even more prizes
- VIP programmes: As a high roller player, you may soon join the ranks of a casino’s loyalty program, where you’ll be rewarded with offers of extra bonuses, personal account managers, faster payments and more.
- Anytime play: At a land-based casino, you might have to wait awhile before you get to play the games you want. But online, there’s never a queue – every online slots game you want to play is at your fingertips
- All in one place: Many online casinos offer multiple products like sports betting, poker and more – so you can mix things up without ever having to move. You won’t find an experience quite like that at any land-based venue!
- Mobile play: You know those moments when you’re bored on the train or awkwardly waiting for a friend to show up? You can now be playing for real money with a mobile casino experience. Play anytime, anywhere by simply opening up your favorite online casino on your mobile
Are online casinos safe?
There are plenty of safe and trusted online casinos to play at, but it is important that you are aware of the regulations regarding gambling in your country of residence. Here are some of the elements you should take into consideration before playing at an online casino:
Your location and age will determine whether it’s legal for you to play at an online casino. What’s more, an online casino must hold a relevant license in order to offer you their services. For instance, you must be aged 18 or over to gamble and play at a casino licensed by the Gambling Commission. Although we take great care to only recommend licensed casinos, it is your responsibility to make sure you are playing lawfully, so please ensure that you are aware of the gambling laws within your jurisdiction and that you meet any legal requirements before playing for real money online.
Many countries regulate online gambling by way of licensing. The Gambling Commission (GC) exists to regulate online casinos and to protect players. For an online casino to operate in this market it must adhere to the rules set out by the GC or risk a fine or having their license revoked. You can cross-reference a casino’s license number (which should be displayed in their footer) with the GC’s register.
There are other licensing and regulatory bodies that award licenses to casinos in their respective markets which meet their operating standards. These include the Spelinspektionen in Sweden, the Malta Gamin Authority and Curaçao e-Gaming.