Online Casino Safety Tips - How to Stay on the Safe Side when Playing Online Casino GamesCasino
With the advent of online casinos, the gambling industry has changed beyond recognition. Now, every Arab gambler can afford to play almost any game such as roulette, slots, baccarat, poker or blackjack right from the comfort of their living room. What's more, thanks to advances in mobile technology, gambling on the go has become something much more than just a viable concept. Instead of searching for the nearest land-based casino, planning your trip and making reservations, you can now enjoy your favourite games on the way to work or while travelling.
However, some gamblers still prefer to play at land-based gambling halls as they are wary of online gambling. To tell the truth, in the early days of iGaming there were lots of rogue gambling sites aiming to entice players to make deposits and then steal the money. Another problem associated with online gambling is that there's always a risk of exposing or losing sensitive data. Though modern iGaming platforms have become much safer and trustworthy with the use of advanced data security technologies, you still need to take some measures to stay on the safe side. We're here to give you some tips on how to improve the security of your personal and financial data when gambling online.
Choose Online Casinos Responsibly
To feel safe, the first thing you should do is choose a gambling site you can trust. Since today's online gambling industry has grown to incredible proportions, with hundreds and even thousands of online casino sites available to Arab players, choosing a really good gambling destination is quite a challenge today. Ideally, you need to browse through many websites and check a lot of things to find one or more online casinos that meet your preferences and provide a fair and transparent online gambling environment.
We're here to help you with your search for an online casino that you can trust with your personal and financial information. Here are a few things to consider when picking a trustworthy gambling site:
- License. Having a license from a reputable regulator means the gambling site and the operator behind it have been thoroughly vetted and meet high industry standards. There are several regulators with licenses recognizable in Arab countries, including Curacao eGaming, MGA, and UKGC. Go down to the bottom of the gambling site page of your choice and review the license details. Since license information can be faked, go to the regulator's website and search for the iGaming company behind the online casino of your choice to make sure the license is real and valid. For example, VipArabClub has a valid license from Curacao eGaming, a reputable regulator putting serious demands on those applying for its license.
- Certifications. Though a license from the regulator is of paramount importance, you should also check if there are certificates from independent organizations checking software platforms and RNG used by casino operators. There are several independent auditors, including iTech Labs, GLI, and TST, with certificates recognized in many countries around the world. Having certificates is proof that the games are fair and all results are really random.
- Game providers. To make sure that the online casino games are fair, check out the list of providers the casino operator partners with. For example, VipArabClub casino uses software platforms and game products supplied by such well-known companies as Evolution Gaming, Playtech, NetEnt and several others. The partnership with the gaming studios and game providers whose names are always well known is an additional guarantee of the quality of the iGaming platform.
- Financial transactions. Check the deposit and withdrawal methods offered to make sure that the casino supports only trustworthy payment tools. Also, find out about sensitive data protection measures. For instance, VipArabClub uses the latest version of the encryption protocol as well as an advanced firewall to provide its users with a safe gaming environment.
Also, read the user reviews of the casinos where you're going to open a gaming account and play for real money. There are plenty of online casino forums where you can find opinions and share your own experiences with different iGaming platforms. Keep in mind that having at least a few legitimate complaints and bad reviews is a good reason to avoid online casinos.
Create a Secure Password
One of the reasons why some users allow their personal data to be leaked is that they use a weak password. When opening a user account, use a password generator or come up with a non-trivial password yourself so that attackers can't guess it. Since your password is sort of the key to your online casino account where your personal and financial data is stored, you should create it responsibly.
If you're playing through an online casino app, you can protect your account details using advanced biometrics-based security technology. For instance, if you use an iPhone, you can additionally secure your account using Touch ID or Face ID depending on the model of your smartphone. In addition, we recommend using two-factor authentication when available. Two-factor authentication works as an extra layer of security to keep your data from falling into wrong hands.
Read the Terms & Conditions
Before you sign up with an online casino, go to the Terms & Conditions and don't be lazy to read all the clauses. While some operators make the T&C's confusing and hard to understand, others make them simple and straightforward. Make sure that there are no ambiguous or misleading clauses in the Terms and Conditions. Also, find out whether the casino operator has a clear procedure for resolving disputes.
Use Safe Payment Methods Only
Here are some of the secure payment methods you can use at Arabic online casinos:
- Bank cards. Being perhaps the most common payment method, Visa or MasterCard are supported by most iGaming platforms. Keep in mind, however, that for financial transactions you need to provide sensitive information such as the 16-digit code, CVV and expiry date. Should this information fall into the wrong hands, you may lose your funds. That's why we recommend using payment services like Apple Pay or Google Play working as an extra layer of protection. Also, please be aware that gambling with borrowed funds is not allowed in many countries, so you should only use a debit card.
- Electronic payment services. From PayPal and Skrill to MuchBetter and Neteller, there are plenty of online gambling-friendly e-wallet services. We recommend using wallets from these e-payment services because they offer fast, inexpensive and well-secured financial transactions.
- Prepaid cards. Some Arabic online casinos also accept Paysafecard to make online casino deposits quickly and easily. However, note that prepaid cards cannot be used for withdrawals at online casinos.
If you like to use cryptocurrency for deposits and/or withdrawals at online casinos, you should play at traditional iGaming platforms such as VipArabClub. While there are plenty of blockchain-based gambling sites out there, you shouldn't waste your time and crypto savings on them. Requiring no standard registration process - just a public crypto wallet address - these platforms cannot guarantee that you will receive your winnings in full and on time.
Check the Support Team
To be sure you can quickly resolve any issues you may have with the iGaming platform, take a look at how the support team works. Go to the casino's support section to find out what channels of communication with the support agents are available to you. Ideally, you should be offered three channels to contact them: phone, email and live chat. Write to the support experts to check how quickly they respond to customer queries.
Check out the Responsible Gambling Tools Available
Another threat from online gambling is the possibility of forming harmful gambling habits and even an addiction to gambling. To stay on the safe side, use responsible gambling tools. Here are a few important features that reliable iGaming platforms offer:
The ability to view your transaction history. Thanks to this feature, you will be able to track your spending on gambling and take appropriate action if your spending has increased.
Limiting your maximum deposit amount. Using this tool, you can limit the amount of money you can fund your online casino account for a certain period of time.
Limiting gaming sessions by time. In order not to spend too long gambling, you will be able to set a time limit on the duration of gaming sessions.
In addition, advanced gambling platforms such as VipArabClub offer a reality check feature and a self-exclusion option so that you can limit your gambling access if you experience a problem. Since gambling can be addictive, it is crucial to choose a gambling site that offers responsible gaming tools.