4 Beginner's Tips for Betting on eSportsCasino
We all love to get involved in debates, but what about betting on certain events and profiting from that? Sports betting has long been a big success in many countries. Probably the first bet was made when the first sporting event took place. However, for many years, betting enthusiasts had to put up physical bookmakers' offices to bet on horse racing or football matches. However, thanks to the development of internet technology and the increasing speed of broadband data transmission, sports betting has become available to everyone. Moreover, comparatively recently the betting market has been supplemented by eSports, a new and very promising market that is primarily interesting to gamers.
Features of eSports Betting Market
Just 10-20 years ago when online PC games weren't as popular as now you can hardly imagine that Dota 2 or StarCraft can be interesting not only from the gameplay point of view but also from betting on them. Today, with the gaming industry booming, many bookies are keeping a close eye on major tournaments for CS:GO, Valorant and other exciting games. More importantly, they offer the opportunity to bet on various events in the world of eSports. Although the eSports betting market is not yet as developed as traditional sports betting, it has huge growth potential. And we're here to give you some tips on how to start betting on eSports disciplines and win money. Here are some takeaways regarding eSports betting:
- By betting on eSports events, you can earn real money. Just by picking a particular match and placing a bet, you will receive a payout equal to the product of the bet and the corresponding odds if your forecast comes true.
- The modern PC gaming market is a huge industry with lots of tournaments and other competitive events featuring big prize pools. You don't have to be a CS:GO or Dota 2 player to qualify for the big prize. It's better to choose a reliable sportsbook platform, find an event with promising odds and place a bet.
- Betting on eSports is not a way to make easy money. You need a good understanding of the game you are betting on, as well as keeping track of player statistics. By investing time in studying the betting market and eSports tournaments, you will transform eSports betting from a form of gambling to a skill-focused game that will make you a profit.
Keep in mind that eSports is a fast-paced industry where things change in the blink of an eye. With the latest trends in mind, we have compiled 4 useful tips for those who want to try their hand at eSports betting.
4 Useful Tips for Beginners in eSports Betting
To start with, there are many people who promise to turn you into an eSports betting pro in just a few days (plus a few hundred spent to pay for their advice). However, the world of eSports betting is full of unexpected twists and turns, so no one knows for sure who will win any given event. We can only talk about the odds and the likely mistakes the bookies will make, from which you can benefit. Also, we are supporters of the analytical approach, as there is nothing more important than knowledge and knowing how to use it. Finally, despite the above, stop thinking of eSports betting as something complicated and totally unpredictable. Your success depends a lot on how much time you're willing to invest in learning. And, to keep things really simple, we'll start with 4 basic tips to help beginners avoid common mistakes in eSports betting.
Understand the Risks and Get Started Now
eSports betting is constantly changing, and in a couple of years, it will become much more complex. And the main problem is that bookmakers will learn to estimate the odds better using more advanced analysis tools and formulas for calculations. Each betting provider has a large analytical department with specialists studying different eSports events and making their own predictions. The odds of winning, losing and any other possible outcomes are determined based on the predictions. The main reason why traditional sports betting is not very profitable is that bookies know how to set odds that benefit them. eSports is still a new world, and many bookmakers often make mistakes. Our first piece of advice is to start learning immediately so that you can capitalize on it in time.
Choose a Trustworthy Sportsbook Platform
With the advent of sports betting platforms, you no longer need to look for the nearest land-based agency to place a bet. Just open a web browser on your laptop, find a website that accepts eSports bets, open an account and make a deposit. So, internet technology has made betting on sports and eSports much easier and more fun. Unfortunately, however, there are many blatantly fraudulent platforms that simply take your money. Once you've fallen for the scammers, you can't win at CS:GO or Valorant betting even if you have brilliant knowledge of it. So, start by choosing a trustworthy betting platform, and here are some important things to consider:
- License. Check whether the platform of your choice is licensed by a reputable body. Having a license shows that you are dealing with a trustworthy sportsbook.
- Betting markets and line-up of sportsbooks. Keep in mind that some platforms have not yet joined the eSports trend. Make sure you can bet on the eSports disciplines you are looking for.
- Odds. Various bookies may offer different odds on the same events. This is due to the margins found in the odds. The lower the margin (the bookmaker's guaranteed profit), the more favorable the odds are for you.
- Available payment tools. Check the list of supported banking methods to see if there are any convenient options for you. Also, find out about the limits and speed of withdrawals.
Last but not least, check the feedback from users about the platform of your choice. Having even a few (substantiated) negative reviews may be a good reason for you to continue your search.
Find Out About the Games You're Going to Bet On
Although this is an obvious tip, surprisingly many newcomers neglect it. This is just as important as in betting on traditional sporting events. For instance, if you like soccer and often watch top matches, it makes sense to choose this sport for betting instead of tennis with matches you've only seen a couple of times. When it comes to eSports betting, choose a discipline you know well. For instance, you've seen a lot of CS:GO matches or you've even taken part in one yourself. Or for example, you know how Dota 2 works well and you follow major leagues. Knowledge is power, and it works in eSports betting too.
Manage Your Bankroll Wisely
Your initial bankroll is the money you deposited when you opened your account. And it will be very frustrating to lose your bankroll after just a few bets. To reduce financial risk and avoid a negative experience, here are some sensible bankroll management tips you should follow from the very first steps:
- Set limits on the maximum amount of money you can afford to spend during a playing session.
- Approach the game with a cold mind. If you fail, you may be tempted to win back as quickly as possible. At times like these, you may go all in and lose everything. Learn to quit on time, even if you are not happy with the result.
- Don't gamble on borrowed money. It is a shame to lose the money you borrowed because you will have to pay back the interest rate set by the lender.
- Use the bonuses offered by bookies. The free bet is a common bonus offered by bookmakers. Besides, some sportsbooks offer betting insurance which works in exactly the same way as the free bet. However, please read the terms and conditions carefully before taking part in any of the promotions.
Finally, we recommend that you avoid looking at major events and start small. Although major tournaments draw crowds, it is the side events that leave a lot of room for the bookmakers to make mistakes in calculating the odds. Start small by saying that you should not risk betting on events with too high odds, because the chances of losing are much higher.